Striving to build an innovative modern state-owned enterprise boasting leading-edge core technology and representing national nuclear capacity


With an all-embracing spirit, SNPTC takes full advantage of others’ strengths to fasten the formation its core technology system. SNPTC adopts a selective strategy in business choosing to optimize its industrial allocation, highlight its primary business and establish its core strengths and competitiveness.

Taking the lead on the road of developing the third generation nuclear power technologies, SNPTC aims to be a world-class supplier of systematic nuclear technologies that represents national capacity in this field and with international competitiveness.

SNPTC seeks to be a modern innovative state-owned enterprise with its innovation & creativity, core competitiveness, leading capacity in key fields, leadership and corporate culture soft skills fully enhanced.

As one of the 53 key state-owned enterprises under the direct administration of the Central Government, State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (referred to as “SNPTC” hereafter) is a liability-limited company jointly established and funded by the State Council and four large state-owned enterprises with its founding ceremony held in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on May 22nd, 2007.

As noted in The Official Reply of the State Council Concerning the Founding of State Nuclear Power Corporation (Document No. 35 of the State Council in 2007), the establishment of SNPTC is the requirement for implementing the national power development strategies, a key breakthrough in the reform of national nuclear power system and a significant initiative to accelerate China’s nuclear power self-reliance program, advance nuclear construction and speed up the adjustment of national energy mix.

“SNPTC”, authorized by the State Council, signed agreement on behalf of the State to be the transferee of the 3rd generation nuclear power technology, undertake the role of the body to execute related engineering design and project management, and establish and form the brand of Chinese nuclear power technology through innovation after digestion and absorption of the imported technology; the role of the main carrier and research platform to accomplish the importing of the 3rd generation nuclear power technology, building the project and developing independently in a self-reliant manner.

“SNPTC” adheres to line item budgeting. SNPTC is funded by SASAC (State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission) on behalf of the State Council with an initial registered capital of 4 billion yuan, among which 2.4 billion (60%) is funded by the State Council and the rest 40% is funded equally by China Nuclear Industry Corporation, China Power Investment Corporation, China Guangdong Nuclear Power Corporation and China National Technical Import & Export Corporation. SNPTC mainly engages in the introduction, digestion, absorption, D&R, transfer, application and promotion of the third generation nuclear power technologies (AP1000) which will be further innovated as China’s exclusive proprietary. SNPTC also shares technologies fairly and commercially with other domestic enterprises. Besides, SNPTC undertakes the construction of third generation nuclear power projects, provides technical support and consulting services, and involves in other activities as approved or authorized by the State.

Approved by the SASAC, SNPTC mainly engaged in research and development of nuclear power technologies, their application and promotion, power project contracting and related services provision. Since its establishment, SNPTC strives to fill the gaps in China’s nuclear industry, meet the need of third generation nuclear power self-reliance program, improve the core competitiveness of the domestic nuclear industry and strategically relocate the core industries, all of which have helped shape an integrated industry chain involving 14 subsidiaries and 2 shareholding enterprises that specialize in research & development, project engineering, equipment manufacturing, project management, operations and services.